Jun 17, 2022 12:31 pm
Before we begin... big shoutout to AppSumo - sign up to get insane deals on software.
Here’s your 3 fun nuggets for the week:
When my buddy Nick Gray moved to NYC, he didn’t know anyone. Nobody really teaches adults how to make friends - besides going to networking events, which can be pretty awkward.
So he stopped going to bad events and started hosting AWESOME parties. He teaches you exactly how you can do it too in his new book: The 2-Hour Cocktail Party.
Tips I love:
- Host your party on a Mon, Tues, or Wed night. Less busy - means more people will attend.
- Give a start and an end time. More people will arrive on time!
- Drinks only. Don’t do dinner: that’s an advanced move.
- Use name tags, even if it is a casual party for friends. First names only. Big block letters.
Just remember the NICK Party Method: Name tags, Icebreakers, Cocktails ONLY, Kick everyone out after 2 hours.
(PS: It’s only $1.99 on Kindle for a limited time)
Want to know more about how I started AppSumo and what the first 365 days of the company looked like?
Come hang out with me for a live masterclass.
What you’ll learn:
- Validation is critical to save time and money
- It doesn't hurt to ask for something - you’ll be surprised what you can get
- Validate your business idea BEFORE you hire your first employee
Watch live on June 22 at 2:00 PM CDT.
This event is exclusive for AppSumo Plus members, but you’ll also get access to ALL our previous recordings such as “Grow Your Business from 7 to 8 Figures” or “Turn Your Email List into $1M in Revenue”.
I sat down with Nick Bare on The Bare Performance Podcast to talk about how getting fired from Facebook and losing out on nearly $1B in stock (yes, really) was just the beginning of my story.
We drop a lot of great ear nuggets along the way, like:
- What’s your superpower?
- Are you a player, or a sideliner?
- Who can you hire right now to practice delegating?