My birthday email 2022 🎂
Feb 17, 2022 1:31 pm
Howdy friend 🤠
I turn 40 this week or as I like to call it 30 + 10.
It’s been wild since this week I’ve also been interviewing 80-year-olds for an upcoming YouTube video… The reminder of time and how fast it goes is a great lesson to ENJOY the current moments.
My good friend Ilona suggested I use this week to reflect. Thought it would be helpful to share the questions I am using to reflect and some of my answers….
My proudest moments from last year:
- Moving into my new house
- Becoming CEO of AppSumo again
- Consistency on my YouTube videos
- Bike trip across the U.S (13% done)
Decade long goals. Turning 50. How do you want it to look?
- Frenchie bulldog
- 3 vacation houses (Spain, Austin, Cali or Utah)
- Wife that I adore
- 2 kids
- Looking great and healthy. Sunblock everyday
New habits I want in my 40s
- Try doing a few more handy projects
- Become a proficient pilot
- Get better at squash
- Do a few more outdoor and fishing activities
What do I want to carry and release?
- Carry my health, Squash, boxing, biking, general fitness
- Carry prioritizing my time
- Carry spending money on myself and being generous to others. Tip well
- Carry more baths AND facial care
- Release clothing and items I'm not using
- Release pressure to drink or not drink but mindfulness around it
- Release being so critical about myself
My birthday wish for you 🎂
Life has been a roller coaster of an experience. I’ve realized more now than ever it really is how we want to look at our situations. The same two people can experience a positive or negative completely based on their attitude.
I bless that we all stop judging ourselves so much, surround ourselves with people who love us and make us better, and that you create a crap ton of amazing experiences this year.
Ps. Started posting some videos on TikTok. Follow along for more behind the scene shenanigans 🙂