✨ A Post-Mother's Day Meetup + Coworking Next Week 🌿
May 06, 2022 11:42 pm
Some days this is how I write to you...
Join Us: 11 a.m. ET Wed, May 11th
Mixing Babies And Business™ 🌷 Spring Meetup
Scroll for your parent-friendly news, events and opportunities ⬇️
I'm leaving the house this month to speak about remote work with kids (while most likely wearing my youngest who'll be 4 months old) at Running Remote.
It's a hybrid event so once I have a recap to share I'll let you know. Right now I'm prepping my 20-minute talk, practicing my points while babywearing.
It's also my first overnight trip in a while and I may be the only speaker packing a noise machine and baby soap for Montreal. As well as many, many outfits (not for me).
But first I'm hosting a casual online meetup next week where you can connect with other parents and chat about life, work and kids...all before lunch and naptime! ⬇️
💡 If you can't make it but have feedback on how your remote work with kids experience with/without childcare has gone for you over the past few years, hit reply and let me know.
👀 AND please cross your fingers for me so my babe doesn't wail or poop while in the carrier during my quick keynote session on the 17th.
Want to know what I'm talking about?
In this video from April 2021, I cover how I use boundaries, time blocking and batching to help with my remote work with kids experience:
WATCH IT HERE >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7kEi1x_r8
I'll be back to share my conference experience recap in two weeks' time,
– Amy Lynch (+ Family)
Founder, Event + Podcast Host
Mixing Babies And Business™
- Explore my digital resource hub
- Tune into the podcast on iTunes | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Website
- Connect with me on LinkedIn or YouTube
PARENT-FRIENDLY BUSINESS NEWS / OPPORTUNITIES / EVENTS FOR YOU
No paid ads or sponsorship involved, just spreading the word and business goodness for you:
- POLICY: The Washington Post reported New Mexico is offering one year of free childcare to most residents through June 2023.
- RESEARCH: Christine Michel Carter reported on the 2022 State Of Motherhood Study for Forbes, including a dramatic increase in mothers interested in legislation and policy geared toward improving the lives of families.
- INDUSTRY: With almost 2 million fewer women in the workforce than two years ago, Holly Corbett reports for Forbes on how companies can support working mothers.
- INVESTING: June Angelides shares how she started saving to become an investor in female founded companies over the past year on the Female Business Angels Podcast.
- FINANCE: Startup Canada has released a FREE Business Owners Toolbox online training program and as part of it you can get a three-month 70% discount on Intuit QuickBooks.
- FUNDING: Women Founders can pitch to win $150K at SheBoot, applications open on Monday, May 9 and close on Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
- FUNDING: Apply for up to $7K from the Founders Fund by Monday, May 16, 2022 – watch their pitch tips session recording.
- FUNDING: The True North Small Business Grant Contest for $20K cash and $5K to Pay It Forward will enable Canadians to express their support and gratitude for small businesses, nominations due online by Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
- SUPPORT: Total Mom Business Summit takes place May 30-31, 2022 – you can now vote for your favourite TOP 100 Finalist for their chance to win a $30K grand prize.
- LEADERSHIP: This very encouraging LinkedIn post from Kristin O'Connell, a Once Upon A Farm employee, outlines the parent-friendly benefits and wellness initiatives they have supported her with since she joined the company at 6.5 months pregnant.
- FEMTECH: Peanut, an online community and social network for women with over 2.5 million users, was listed in the Time100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
- INDUSTRY: Christine Armstrong shared a post on LinkedIn about McKinsey & Company data (US) showing parents are heading out of corporates and into self employment for more control over their working hours.
- NETWORK: I'm speaking about 'Remote work with kids' at Running Remote, a hybrid and the world's largest remote work conference which takes place next month from May 17-18, 2022 in Montreal! If you'd like to attend, you can get 20% off your ticket price using the discount code 'amylynch' when you register.
- WELLNESS: Check out the Mixing Babies + Business Remote Work [Virtual] Retreat [available on demand] if you're seeking a simple and refreshing way to reassess your current work and life routines.
Crafted with 💜 and care in Canada
Sending you positive vibes and parenthood solidarity ✨
Copyright © 2016–2022 Amy Maureen Lynch, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as you have indicated your interest in Mixing Babies And Business™ / Babies, Business + Breakfast™ and/or registered via our online opt-in. We don't SPAM, do third party advertising or share your details. Only parenthood and professional development goodness to keep you motivated and informed!