Unfavorable marriage conditions, but...
Nov 17, 2020 1:19 am
I want to salute all the spouses who, in spite of unfavorable marriage conditions, are still:
- showing up each day
- loving as Christ loved the church (husbands)
- submitting (respecting) their husbands as unto the Lord (wives)
- praying for their mate daily
- doing good even when good is not being returned
- believing the best about their mate
- working through conflict
- building trust after an affair
- hoping against hope
- trusting God to make something beautiful out of their marriage.
The longer I'm married (20 years now), the more I realize that the union is more than sex, children, positive emotions, money, a nice house, a great automobile, and whatever else you may currently see as the foundation of your marriage.
The marriage union is about a decision to do the things mentioned above over and over and over.