What you know may be killing your marriage
Nov 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Reading Time: 44 seconds
You already know what's going to happen.
It's because you know your spouse like the back of your hand.
You can already make his/her arguments.
You can already anticipate the consequences.
You know how this is going to turn out negatively for you.
You know how long you'll be in time-out, in the dog house, or on the couch.
- What if you're wrong?
- What if you're letting the past cloud your future?
- What if your spouse is trying to make changes, and is waiting on the next opportunity?
- What if you're totally misreading the situation?
- What if God has been working in your mate's heart?
- What if your flawed perspective is impairing your judgment?
- What if there's goodness just on the horizon, but you can't see it?
- What if what you know is not truly reality?
What would happen if ...
- You gave your spouse the benefit of the doubt?
- You thought the best?
- You trusted God instead of yourself?
- You allowed the situation to play out in real time?
- You stopped being so negative?
- You lived in love instead of fear?
Be careful. What you "know" just may be killing your marriage.