Quick Question: What's behind your couch? 🛋
Aug 02, 2020 1:39 am
So, I was in my son's room doing an upgrade to our internet (the routers are in his room).
Upon moving his couch, I was greeted by this:
Unsurprisingly, I began finding stuff that had been missing for some time.
(Note: If you've been missing something, describe it to me, and I'll look behind his couch).
Anyway, here's why I'm writing: it dawned on me that we all have stuff that we're carelessly or purposely "putting behind our couch," which is to say putting into our heart. Although no one can see it, it's there, and one day it will be revealed.
A few practical examples:
- If you're stuffing anger instead of dealing with it, it's gonna show up one day.
- If you're hiding the truth instead of confessing it, it's gonna be discovered one day.
- If you're covering an affair instead of ending it, it's gonna be exposed one day.
- If you're concealing financial misdeeds, they're gonna show up one day.
- If you're secretly abusing your spouse, it's gonna be discovered one day, and the list goes on and on.
Jesus said it pretty plainly: For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all. (Luke 8:17).
For the sake of your marriage, your family, and your faith, stop putting stuff behind the couch.
Deal with it before it deals with you.