🟦 Facebook goes Meta, Aurory might be Solana's next big hit, and more | Crypto GameBites Issue 9
Nov 04, 2021 10:21 pm
Today’s issue is powered by PixelBeasts
Issue #9 | November 4, 2021
Frens, I’m in dire need of a mental health break.
I’ve stretched myself thin consulting for projects and raising a 3-week old, so today’s email will be bare bones.
Sorry to let you down, see you next week.
- Pepper Attack, an NFT-based play-to-earn strategy game, has moved from Ethereum to Polygon
- Decimated, a 3rd-person survival RPG, has decided to build their game on Solana instead of Polygon
- Alpine Racing becomes first meatspace car maker to release concept cars as NFTs, which will be playable in REVV Racing game
- Alien Worlds releases Alien Worlds Missions on Binance Smart Chain
💰VC Land & Money Talk
- Sandbox closes $93m series B led by SoftBank
- Animoca Brands led an $18 million series A for Upland, an NFT game that links digital land with real world properties
- Upcoming play-to-earn game galled Fancy Birds gets pre-seed funding from investors such as 0xmaki from Sushi, Kain Warwick from Synthetix, Stani Kulechov from Aave and more
- Cross-chain NFT game Duelist King raises $1 million in a round that included investors such as Momentum6, BoostXLabs, Shima Capital, BX Ventures, and others
- Hawku raises $4 million seed round led by Lightspeed Venture Partners to build a marketplace for gaming and utility NFTs
- Facebook goes Meta…and what it means
- Aurory: Solana’s next big hit?
- GameStop continues to hunt for NFT talent
- UbiSoft investor call reveals the publisher is working on play-to-earn games
- Why tech investor Gigi Levy Weiss has his eye on NFT games with his $450 million NFX fund
Before you go, know this:
If you feel like you can't keep up with crypto (something I feel every day), it's okay because nobody can keep up with crypto. All we can do is pick a few things that sound fun, jump in, and hang TF on for dear life.
– Michael, editor of Crypto GameBites
PS – Can you forward this email to someone you think would enjoy it?
PPS – If someone forwarded this to you, and you want your own, sign up here.
Disclosure: From time-to-time I might add links in this newsletter to products I use and I may receive commission if you make a purchase through one of these links. Also, I hold crypto assets (shocking right?). See my investment disclosures here.
Disclaimer to protect my a$$: All investment strategies and investments involve risk of loss. Nothing contained in this magical newsletter should be construed as financial or investment advice. We’re just two brains connecting through cyberspace and shooting the shit about the wild world of blockchain gaming, where buzzwords like “crypto” and “NFTs” roam freely. Any reference to an investment's past or potential performance is not, and should not be construed as, a recommendation or as a guarantee of any specific outcome or profit. Remember to do your own damn research and don’t just ape into things like I did with all those shitcoins from the Spring 2021 bull run.