Nothing can stop me I'm all the way up...
Aug 27, 2020 1:11 am
WARNING: This is really going to piss off my haters even more… (and I LOVE it 😎) So here it goes…
I’m not gonna lose, dawg. I’m just not.
No matter how much you want to see me down, it’s not going to happen. Not in your lifetime, and definitely not in my lifetime.
That’s because I’m hardwired to win.
Play a board game with me? I’m going to win.
Want to race me? I’m going to win.
Challenge me to something? I’m going to win.
Set my mind to anything? I’M GOING TO WIN!
There simply isn’t another outcome.
From a young age, I came to the realization that how I thought about things impacted the outcome of everything I did. And I discovered that almost by accident.
For a long time I would wake up in the morning after a full night of sleep and think to myself, “OMG I’m sooooo tired…” And guess what? For the entire day, I felt tired.
Then one morning I asked myself a follow up question that changed my life - “Are you really that tired? You just slept for 8 hours!”
And just like that, I called myself out on my own bullshit and my life has NEVER been the same.
From that day forward, I made a commitment to myself to only think positive thoughts (especially right as I wake up and go to sleep), watch positive things, listen to uplifting songs and stories, and surround myself with people who are going to lift me higher.
Everything and everyone else...ain’t nobody got time for that!
Like DJ Khaled says, “All I do is win win win no matter what!”
🏆 Preparing to Win: Mindset Makeover
Like all worthwhile things, developing this kind of mindset takes dedication and practice. And the more you do it, the easier it becomes. It’s like a snowball effect.
Here’s just a few ways I prepare daily to win…
- As soon as I open my eyes, I give thanks for having the opportunity to have another day to win and then I recite my affirmations. I recommend that you come up with 5 affirmations that you repeat 3 times each. I find it helpful to print them out and tape them to my bathroom mirror and look at myself while reciting these - just like little Jessica does 😊
(If you want some ideas for affirmations, reply to this email or DM me...I’m happy to share some with you)
- Every morning, before I start my routine, I watch or listen to one inspirational video or playlist. My two favorite ones recently: Make it Count and Work Hard for It
- I have several “pump me up” playlists that get me fired up. The songs in these lists are all trigger songs for me. Songs that immediately get me into what Tony Robbins calls “Your Peak State.” I usually listen to these as I first sit down to start going through my emails in the morning.
- I subscribe to as many motivational and success driven accounts on social media as possible. If I find myself scrolling through Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube or LinkedIn throughout the day, I want to be inspired and flooded with positivity - not negativity.
✅ PRO TIP: The most freeing thing you can do is to unfollow anyone or anything that doesn’t add value to your life
- I surround myself with people who raise me up and drive me to do my best. I am part of several mastermind groups that I regularly participate in and contribute to, including my private Big Idea Society group on Facebook. The people in these groups not only drive me to step out of my comfort zone, but they also hold me accountable and keep me motivated.
✅ PRO TIP #2: Remember these two things: You become the average of the 5 people you surround yourself the most with and your network is your net worth. Who are you hanging out with? Is that who you aspire to be? If not, it’s time to find a new circle.
- I meditate or do breathing exercises a few minutes a day to keep my mind clear. (This is something I wish I could do more of and I’m actively working on getting better at.)
- And finally, I always ask myself this when I find myself struggling to go on with anything I’m working on: Can I take just one more step? Often the answer is yes and the sense of accomplishment is amazing!
Those are the things I am dedicated to. Your routine may look exactly the same, or it may vary some way. But the key is to be consistent and to do these things even when you don’t want to.
It’s during those times that you’ll find yourself achieving the most personal growth.
So? Want to join me in making the world a more positive place? Let’s get that mindset right!
💡 More Big Ideas & Stuff
These are the things that I’m listening to, watching, reading, discovering, or enjoying this week. Click the links and enjoy them with me.
📖 Read - Atomic Habits - This book by James Clear shows you how tiny changes to your habits lead to remarkable results. The simple framework in this book will help you change the way you think about success and put you on a fast-track to achieving anything you want.
📻 Listen - Surround yourself with successful people and greatness by listening to my friend Lewis Howes’ The School Of Greatness podcast. Lewis interviews the most successful people on the planet and inspires you to unlock your inner greatness and live your BEST life!
📺 Watch - It’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared. In life you’ve gotta be hungry if you want to achieve greatness.
🛒 Buy - One of my daily reminders to “keep going” comes from watching my Radiometer and Mova Globe spin. These are powered by the power of natural light and serve as a reminder that the universe is constantly providing me the energy I need to accomplish anything I want.
📈 New Trend - With less and less available time, people are starting to turn to Microlearning to learn new skills. What is Microlearning? It’s a form of learning where lessons are broken up into small bite-sized pieces and repeated over time in order to achieve the greatest retention. How big is the market? How about almost $4 Billion dollars by 2026?!?!
🎉 Celebrate - This week I celebrate my friend Harry Bluestein who recently launched a new world Gin called Harry Blu’s. Harry is a prime example of an entrepreneur seeing a HUGE vision come to life in one of the most competitive industries in the world. Harry Blu’s is one of the best tasting gins I’ve ever had...but don’t take my word for it - he’s already been awarded with Double Gold honors in the 2020 Sip Awards! Make sure to check them out and ask for them the next time you’re having a cocktail🍸 and remember the name...because this is about to blow up big time! (You heard it here first!)
Are you pumped up yet? Let’s go!!! 🙌
As always, keep coming up with ideas, dreaming big, and taking action!
‘Till next time...
Ralph Q out!
P.S. - Do you have any motivation or mindset tips you can share with me? I love to learn new ways to stay pumped up! Drop me a note and let me know.
P.P.S. - By sharing this newsletter with someone, you may just change their life - that’s pretty powerful, right?!?!