Podcasting while pregnant 🚼📊
Dec 18, 2021 8:58 am
It's come to this: The only way the podcast episodes have been getting edited, produced and promoted this past month has been on a yoga ball.
Season 3 of the Mixing Babies And Business™ Podcast has been a bit unique for me, as it's the first time I've been pregnant while podcasting.
I've spent the entire time planning it, booking in guests, recording interviews, editing, producing and promoting episodes throughout each trimester – I am nearing the final weeks and am preparing to wrap it up for now.
I originally started this podcast in the Summer of 2020, publishing my first episodes later that year, while I was working from home around my kids who were two and four years old at the time.
Since then, I've had the opportunity to interview 14 entrepreneurs and community leaders who are also parents, based in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
There are now over 45 mini episodes available for you to download! Each of them are under 20 minutes each and child-friendly, so you can stream them with or without headphones, while you go about your daytime routines or nighttime feeds.
This pregnancy has been a challenging one and I feel like as a parent and more recently, as a podcast host, it doesn't always get easier, I just get better at adapting each time.
But I've also had some great highlights over the past eight months as I have been able to speak to other audiences about podcasting, bringing my kids into business settings and how I structure my remote work setup.
I'd love to keep talking about these topics in 2022, so if you know of any organizations focused on:
- flexible or remote work;
- who are seeking to provide fresh content around creative workflows; or
- more inclusive business solutions for parents
Please do get in touch with me by replying to this email or simply visit the website: mixingbabiesandbusiness.com/contact
I'll be taking a break during the first part of 2022 but I intend to keep speaking and writing about these topics alongside my baby, as I have done with my other two kids.
Like so many parents have done over the past few years, I will learn to adapt and do my best. Read about the things I'm doing differently this time around with pregnancy, parental leave and flexible work on my personal blog if you're interested.
As with learning how to podcast, I've been trying to go through this pregnancy and planning for the fourth trimester, bit by bit, week by week.
Doing what's in front of me or only focusing on the next thing I can do, trying not to worry about how the future experience will be.
Only time will tell and by then, this podcast will be going into Season 4 and I will have a better update for you – so wish me luck!
When I've been invited to speak prior to the pandemic, I've always said that I hope I'm not still talking about these things in another five years because they will have become redundant.
As awareness around the benefits and opportunities of flexible work grows, I hope we continue to welcome and keep having discussions like these, followed by testing out new ideas, ways of working and parenting in real time.
I hope these episodes and this newsletter have inspired you to design a life that works for you and your family.
Progress is happening slowly but if you're a parent reading this, don't wait for permission to start showing up as you are, kids and all.
If you're an employer or company decision maker, I hope you're considering the barriers parents may be facing when it comes to fully participating in your workplace or programming and thinking about the steps you can take to address their needs.
I'd like to encourage you to share the podcast with your network, colleagues, clients and other corporate partners, especially if you’re also passionate about advocating for more inclusive business spaces and programming for primary caregivers.
And of course, I'd love if you would subscribe and leave a review because it helps other parents find the podcast too!
Stay tuned for Season 4 in the second half of 2022. For now, take care, look after yourselves and best wishes over the coming months.
– Amy Lynch (+ Family)
Founder, Event + Podcast Host
Mixing Babies And Business™
P.S. If you'd like to keep in touch with me and this community please:
- Stay on this email list (these newsletters will slow down from Jan-Mar)
- Follow the Mixing Babies And Business™ Company Page on LinkedIn
- Follow / Subscribe to the Mixing Babies And Business™ Podcast on iTunes | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Podcast Website
PARENT-FRIENDLY BUSINESS NEWS / OPPORTUNITIES / EVENTS FOR YOU
No paid ads or sponsorship involved, just spreading the word and business goodness for you:
- INDUSTRY: In These Times, an independent news organization, outlines an argument being used to take down abortion rights with points from experts and working moms.
- INDUSTRY: Meet the 18 female executives All Raise has placed through its startup board diversity program.
- FUNDING: A little over 1 per cent of Europe’s venture deals this year went to all-women founding teams but now London-based Pink Salt Ventures, a micro VC firm, is the first fund in the UK dedicated to female entrepreneurs.
- FUNDING: Seedcamp 2021 Year in Review: They’ve invested in 50 new pre-seed and seed-stage companies, with £4Bn+ in follow-on funding and two Seedcamp companies list publicly.
- FUNDING: The expansion of three Farm Credit Canada (FCC) loans will help young farmers and those who are getting started or growing their business in the agriculture and food industry, with an increase up to $1.5 million.
- NETWORKING: The Comeback is part of the Back to Progress movement, a free virtual event designed to connect moms and employers, and further forge pathways to fully activate the workforce from January 25–26, 2022.
- NETWORKING: WEOC X: Exchange, Expand, Explore National Conference for Women’s Entrepreneurial Support Organizations and Staff is taking place February 1-24, 2022.
- NETWORKING: The UK Startup Conference 2022 is the UK's largest-ever online conference for Startup Founders, VCs, Executives, and Seed Fund Partners and is free to attend, taking place on April 26, 2022.
Crafted with 💜 and care in Canada
Sending you positive vibes and parenthood solidarity ✨
Copyright © 2016–2021 Amy Maureen Lynch, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as you have indicated your interest in Mixing Babies And Business™ / Babies, Business + Breakfast™ and/or registered via our online opt-in. We don't SPAM, do third party advertising or share your details. Only parenthood and professional development goodness to keep you motivated and informed!