Sun Maker Saga NEWS 🚀 + Starting on BOOK FIVE 😱
May 20, 2021 2:19 am
Don't forget to answer my Quick Question at the end! 👇🏻
I haven't been very good at newsletters lately...😩
So here's a picture of Joey looking super disappointed in me for neglecting you all:
As a I write this, Joey is in my room lying on my side of the bed.
Super spoiled pup...
Sun Maker Saga News
As of today (5/19/2021), I'm still on track for the October 2021 release for books 1 and 2.
(The book cover art for Ruin Star is still underway...you'll know when I know!)
I went back and did a small rewrite of books 3 and 4 recently, which is why I've been so busy. I'm very happy with it so far. I am hoping to see them published in the early part of January 2022.
So here's the lineup:
- Ruin Star: Sun Maker Book One - October 2021
- Fury Fall: Sun Maker Book Two - October 2021
- Fatal Vine: Sun Maker Book Three - January 2022
- Cruel Dusk: Sun Maker Book Four - January 2022
- Broken Sun (Working Title): Sun Maker Book Five - Estimated April 2022
- Sun Maker (Working Title): Sun Maker Book Six - Estimated April 2022
The Sun Maker Saga is coming together quite nicely! I'm very excited to get these published.
Ruin Star and Fury Fall are READY for my Alpha readers.
They will by ready for my BETA readers soon!
Starting On Book Five
The last 2 books of my series are going to be a challenge. I've learned so much in the past few months.
As I stated above, the last two books are Broken Sun and Sun Maker - pending any changes, but I think I'll be sticking with those titles (until I don't).
What I can tell you:
- Some storylines in Broken Sun will be influenced by Japanese folktales and myths.
- I know the main POV characters in the story. There are 5 of them.
- I will begin plotting it in the next few days (if not today).
- My research includes reading books on Japanese folktales, as well as haiku.
Wish me luck!
How do you feel about epigraphs at the beginning of chapters? And why? For example, in Brandon Sanderson's books, he usually has an excerpt of a book or quote at the beginning of each of his chapters.
- Love 'em!
- Meh. Take 'em or leave 'em...
- Hate 'em. I always skip over them.
Answer by responding directly to this email.
Stay safe out there!