💸 November Funding + Financing News For Your Business 📊
Nov 12, 2022 7:00 pm
👀 Scroll for your parent-friendly business news, funding and opportunities ⬇️
📆 Get your tickets: Our next Ottawa meetup is December 9th!
We're in person at Bayview Yards Invest Ottawa the morning of Friday, December 9th from 10-11:30 a.m. – join us for casual networking, snacks, soft play and meet others who are investing in themselves alongside their loved ones.
The theme is 'Ask + Receive Feedback' and tickets are on sale until then but space is limited. We will be talking about pitching, business resources, current funding and financing opportunities and of course, parenthood. ⬇️
FEEDBACK from our last meetup in October:
"Thank you Amy Lynch for creating this space for entrepreneurs with young children – it is sorely needed and beats playgroup any day!"
Read more meetup feedback:
Watch an event setup preview on LinkedIn from Mixing Babies And Business™. 🚼📊
SEASON 4 OF THE MIXING BABIES AND BUSINESS™ PODCAST
I'm now more than halfway through Season 4, which features interviews with:
- Christine Michel Carter, parent of two kids, Forbes contributor and founder of Minority Women Marketing
- Alexis Grant, parent of two kids, serial entrepreneur, founder of They Got Acquired
- Liam Martin, parent of one kid, co-founder and CMO of Time Doctor, Staff.com and co-organizer of Running Remote
- Jace Meyer, parent of one kid, serial entrepreneur and founder of COYA Productions
- BONUS episodes from me (Amy Lynch) about 'remote work with kids' and 'hosting parent-friendly events and experiences'
Streaming now across your favourite platforms and kindly sponsored by the Startup Community Empowerment Fund, presented by Startup Canada, Mastercard, UPS and BDC.
🌟 If you enjoy it, please leave a review or share with your network, as it helps other parents find the podcast! 🌟
PARENT-FRIENDLY BUSINESS NEWS / OPPORTUNITIES / EVENTS FOR YOU
No paid ads or sponsorship involved, just spreading the word and business goodness for you:
- SUPPORT: November marks the start of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Canada – access resources on how to be a Signal for Help Responder and learn about the work of the Canadian Women's Foundation.
- OPINION: A recent article from Cindy DiTiberio for The Mother Lode focuses on quiet quitting domestic duties in Is Marriage Bad for Mothers? unpacking Amy Shearn's recent NYT piece, Kate Mangino's Equal Partners and an episode of "Bluey".
- ACTIVISM: Pregnant Then Screwed received broad media coverage of their coordinated campaign which saw thousands of participants, including parents, protesting for reforms to the childcare sector and parental leave across the UK in the March of the Mummies.
- POLICY: Answer 13 quiz questions to find out how your workplace stacks up on policies and programs that support moms and download their Marshall Plan For Moms playbook.
- FUNDING: SaaS North is coming to Ottawa from November 16-17 – female founders can request scheduled time with the Firehood Angel Camp in order to pitch for $100K in funding. Contact David for a special discount available for early-stage women-led SaaS Startups via his email or LinkedIn DM.
- FUNDING: Founders Fund is once again offering their Giving Tuesday holiday wish list, where their sister company, Tease, will donate net profits towards items up to $1K in value. Apply online via a simple Google Form by November 28.
- FUNDING: Watch the recent webinar hosted by Startup Canada about the 'Social Entrepreneurship 101 and Canada’s Investment Readiness Program', which covers the Government of Canada's $50 million grants and contributions program (2021–2023) designed to support social purpose organizations (SPOs) and how to access funding.
- FUNDING: The Ontario Government's Resilient Communities Fund supports community-based organizations that have been impacted by COVID-19 and helps them with immediate, medium, and longer-term recovery projects (6 to 24 months) with between $10K to $200K available in funding. The deadline to apply is 5 PM on December 7.
- NETWORK: Apply for the Coralus x EDC: Growing Global Activator Cohort starting early 2023 – applications close TOMORROW, November 13.
- NETWORK: At Founders Fund's free half-day virtual conference as part of their Seasons of Success Series on November 17, this one is focusing on sales leading up to the holiday season.
- NETWORK: Women In Leadership Foundation are hosting an online fireside chat about 'Plotting and Planning your career path - Lessons from a Senior Leader with Michele Bedord' on December 7.
- NETWORK: The bimonthly Femtech Canada Roundtable is an open discussion with the goal of raising awareness of what is happening in the national ecosystem and sharing resources, with the next session taking place on December 8.
- WELLNESS: The latest newsletter from Mother Honestly focuses on what not 'to do' as the end of Q4 and the holiday season approaches.
- WELLNESS: Check out the Mixing Babies + Business Remote Work [Virtual] Retreat [available on demand] if you're seeking a simple and refreshing way to reassess your current work and life routines.
I will be back again this week to remind you of our December 9th meetup!
If you're not based in the Ottawa area or can't make it, not to worry – Season 4 of the Mixing Babies And Business™ Podcast is streaming now. 🔊
Hope you're faring well throughout flu season, here's to a restful weekend,
– Amy Lynch (+ Family)
Founder, Event + Podcast Host
Mixing Babies And Business™
- Explore my digital resource hub
- Tune into the podcast on iTunes | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Website
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
Crafted with 💜 and care in Canada
Sending you positive vibes and parenthood solidarity ✨
Copyright © 2016–2022 Amy Maureen Lynch, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as you have indicated your interest in Mixing Babies And Business™ / Babies, Business + Breakfast™ and/or registered via our online opt-in. We don't SPAM, do third party advertising or share your details. Only parenthood and professional development goodness to keep you motivated and informed!