Free Government Phones + Internet
Nov 08, 2021 4:21 pm
How To Get Free Government Phones and Internet Service In Houston
This week's email is about connecting clients to free government phones and reduced internet service providers, but before I get to that here is a quick story that illustrates the need for these things...
My mom was coming home from running an errand one night (probably a thrift store knowing her) when she noticed our 16-year-old neighbor standing at the corner of our street.
She stopped the car and asked...
"Baby, what are you doing outside this late at night"?
The 16-year-old replied and stated that he was trying to get internet access to do his homework. Our house is located a few blocks from a truck stop, where my neighbor was trying to connect to the truck stop's Wifi to complete his homework assignment.
Long story short, my mom ended up purchasing a Wifi plan for my neighbor that she paid for until he graduated from high school. For whatever reason, his parents couldn't get internet for the household.
That was 5-7 years ago. Today that young man is doing really well. He's working in graphic design and drives a nice yellow Chevy Camero!
Not every teen is as driven as my neighbor. I seriously doubt I would've had the discipline to sit under a street light to do homework at that age, so really glad that everything worked out for him.
Anyway, if you or someone you know needs help with either getting a free government phone or reduced-cost internet, here are two options below:
- Emergency Broadband Benefit - The EBB helps low-income households pay the monthly cost of their internet bill and offers a generous discount on devices like a laptop, desktop, or tablet. You can learn more in our guide titled Emergency Broadband Benefit: How To Receive A Monthly $50 Discount On Your Internet Bill.
- Free Government Phones In Houston - In our guide titled How To Get A Free Government Cell Phone In Houston, you will find companies in Houston that offer Lifeline plans to low-income individuals who receive government benefits like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, and more.
Houston Healthcare Jobs Board Updates
Below are the latest healthcare/non-profit positions that are on our job board:
- A Supervisor position in Patient Business Services at MD Anderson ranging from $52 to $78K
- A work-from-home position with Harris Health as a Coordinator. This job is heavily focused on admin and clerical duties.
- A position with Harris County Public Health as a Community Health Coordinator.
- Community Care Area Sales Manager with Encompass Health.
If you are looking to make a move to a new position in healthcare or the non-profit sector you'll find new jobs like these posted daily at HoustonHealthcarejobs.com. Also, if you have open positions in your own organization, you can post those for free on the job board.
Have a great week!
P.S. - Use this link to jump on our free email list if you were forwarded this email and like learning about Houston community resources. We send em out each week to help you connect clients to programs they may need.