How To Get A Free CHW Certificate
Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm
How To Get A Community Health Worker Certification For Free
If you are looking to pad your resume, a Community Health Worker Certification is a good option to consider.
In many cases, this certification would cost you anywhere from $750 to $1500 if you were to take the online class, but in this week's community resource I will show you how to obtain this certification for free.
As long as you have 1,000 hours of work in the healthcare or social services sector within the past 3 years you should qualify for this certification. That 1,000-hour requirement equates to a little over 6 months of working full-time in healthcare or social services.
See our resource titled Texas Community Health Worker Certification: How To Receive A $750 Training For Free if you are interested in updating your resume.
COVID 19 Vaccine Updates
If you or someone else needs to get vaccinated there are plenty of options. Here are a few new and old options to choose from.
- Vaccines At Home - There is a Texas Mobile Vaccine Program that offers the shot to homebound seniors or even businesses with employees who are interested in the COVID 19 vaccine.
- $150 Incentive For Taking The Vaccine - The City of Houston is offering $150 in gift cards to anyone who still needs the COVID 19 vaccine. The city has specific health centers that are offering the vaccine and gift cards. You will need to view each location to learn about times and dates that you can get vaccinated and receive your $150.
- Vaccines.gov - Vaccines.gov is a website that allows you to pick the vaccine you want (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) at a local pharmacy near you.
Houston Healthcare Jobs Board Updates
Here are the latest additions to our healthcare jobs board, which is updated daily with new postings.
- A $20 an hour Case Manager position that is focused on helping Afghan refugees.
- Two work-from-home opportunities with a large Houston non-profit. One position helps people avoid homelessness. The other is a housing program.
- A Social Media Recruitment Manager with a major FQHC clinic in Houston
- Bilingual Crisis Counselor position with a local women's shelter
You can find more job postings or even add openings for free in your company by visiting HoustonHealthcareJobs.com.
No idea, what this weather has in store this week, but stay safe my friend!
Nick "no relation to Tropical Storm Nicholas" Bryant
P.S. - That fact that you subscribe to this email tells me you are dedicated to your work and the community! If you know of others who take their job as seriously as you, then feel free to invite them to join the newsletter. Also, feel free to email me about any services you offer to the community and I'll plug your business in an upcoming email.