Planning and Automation Can Help You Market When You're Sick
Aug 19, 2021 10:18 pm
I've been chronically ill my entire life with worsening health this past year. That's why I love scheduling content to my social media accounts, email autoresponder and blog. It helps me develop content once and use software to get the word out about my business automatically.
Whether you're sick with a cold, depression or something else altogether, I want to FIRST say, you probably don't need to set MORE expectations for yourself. This message isn't to tell you you have to set up these systems in this moment.
Take it easy. You're on Power Saver mode. Do only what's necessary to stay afloat.
When you're feeling a bit better, though, explore some of the following tools to see if they can help you set up some content to go out and forget it. Over the years, it's helped for me to jot out topics and record several videos when I'm well and schedule them to go out on days that I'm not well. Now I'm building a library to make sure that I always have content flowing to interested customers.
Check out these beginner tools for automating your marketing:
- Social Bee - social media management - set up evergreen posting and use RSS feeds
- Buffer - social media management - scheduling in advance and scheduling to multiple social media channels
- Jetpack - blogging and social media automation - schedule blogs to go out in advance and to push to social media automatically
- Mailchimp - email marketing automation - Drip email content out over time
- Active Campaign - email marketing automation - Send emails based on specific actions people take
- EverWebinar - Webinar automation - Record one webinar and let it play no matter when someone joins
- Kartra - All-in-one marketing automation - set up your landing pages, emails and courses to run automatically
Also, if you're working for a company and are curious about taking disability leave, tonight at 4pm Central, I'll be joining Vivianne Castillo of Hmny Cntrd to discuss Unpacking Paid Leave. This talk is to empower all of us to take care of ourselves even if we need to take a leave from our jobs. Register here.
P.S. Today's AMA has been cancelled and we will resume next week.