5 Ways that your Students Can Know if They are a Perfect Fit for a Scholarship
Mar 13, 2023 10:59 pm
Welcome to College Money Minute!
In this email, we are going to dive into 5 ways that your students can know the right scholarships to focus on to maximize their time.
- Check the Eligibility Requirements: One of the first things students should do when considering a scholarship is to review the eligibility requirements. Students should check if they meet the criteria such as their academic achievements, financial need, leadership roles, or any specific interests mentioned in the scholarship description.
- Evaluate the Scholarship's Purpose: Scholarships often have a specific purpose or goal, such as supporting students in a particular field of study or encouraging students to participate in specific activities. Students should evaluate if the scholarship aligns with their goals and interests, and if the scholarship's purpose is relevant to them.
- Review the Application Requirements: Students should review the application requirements carefully to ensure they can provide all the necessary documentation, such as transcripts, essays, and letters of recommendation. If they cannot fulfill the requirements or do not have enough time to prepare a strong application, it may not be a good fit.
- Research the Scholarship Provider: Students should research the scholarship provider to learn more about their mission, values, and history. If the provider's values align with the student's goals and interests, they may be a good match.
- Deadlines: Make sure you have enough time to complete the scholarship application before the deadline. If the deadline is too close, then it may not be a good fit for you.
Watch all of The Great American Road Trip: Scholarship Edition episodes to learn how to support your students in discovering hidden scholarships in cities across the US.
In honor of my first stop in Georgia on The Great American Road Trip: Scholarship Edition, I have gathered all of my scholarship resources for Georgia high school students and put it into a digital guide. So, if you have high school students in Georgia, I have done all of the hard work for you! Click here to grab your copy of Discovering Georgia's Hidden Scholarships, a virtual interactive e-book, which includes live training from me as you read through the virtual guide. *Bonus* I am hosting a private Q&A for everyone who invests in a copy of this guide. You will receive the details of the private Q&A after you purchase the digital guide. Invest in your students' futures today!
Thank you so much for reading today's newsletter. If you have any questions about how to support your students on the scholarship journey, please don't hesitate to contact me by replying to this email.
To your students' success,
Scholarship Search Strategist
Creator of Scholarship Success School