Best Email You'll get ALL DAY!
Feb 15, 2023 8:51 pm
- I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL
- THE INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING ANY INVESTMENT OR JOINT VENTURE
- I, SAM LESLIE, AM NOT A BROKER/DEALER OR A PROMOTER
- I, SAM LESLIE, AM NOT RECEIVING ANY PAYMENT TO INFORM YOU OF THIS JOINT VENTURE OPPORTUNITY
- I HAVE NOT EXECUTED ANY DUE DILIGENCE ON THIS DEAL AND AM NOT CURRENTLY PART OF IT IN ANY WAY.
- THERE IS SIGNIFICANT RISK IN JOINT VENTURING TO ACQUIRE ASSETS. SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE BEFORE ENTERING INTO ANY AGREEMENT
So, another cool deal that you might be interested in. Jake has been a part of the Twitter SMB Community for a while and is a intelligent dude.
Go ahead and email him if you are interested in this one...
Cheers. Love you.
Here is an overview of the deal we have an letter of intent currently established. We are scheduled to close March 1st on this business and have completed the due diligence process. Our evaluation has led us to believe this is a great opportunity for our team and investors to move forward with. We understand this is a quick turnaround and appreciate the urgency we are asking for from this community! We had our lead investor back out of the deal earlier this week due to personal reasons leaving us with an amazing deal and a gap in our funding. Thank you for taking the time to review this opportunity and we look forward to speaking with those parties interested in making this happen!
Our general partnership group consists of Chris Becker, Zac McColley and myself, Jake Wakely. We have known each other for years and are collective owners of Vail Home Care, a property management firm in Beaver Creek, Colorado, which was purchased in June of 2022. We have taken a “one-man-with-a-cell-phone company” to an organization poised to double in size this year. Together, we bring a mix of skill sets including sales, marketing, risk management, finance and more.
Prior to acquiring Vail Home Care, Chris and Jake purchased a moving and storage business in San Antonio, TX in July of 2021. In 2022, Chris and Jake have successfully tripled the employee count from 8 to 24 and doubled the prior year’s revenue. Zac has been a high-end real estate agent in the Vail/Beaver Creek area for over 5 years. Zac has also lived in the Vail Valley for 10+ years following college. Zac is the local guy that knows EVERYONE, giving us a leg up on labor in the area.
This deal was sourced through a newsletter that many of you may have seen, PAGD. This opportunity is a brokered deal with a brokerage out of Denver, CO.
Company X is a ski and snowboard rental company in a thriving Summit County, Colorado location. Located in the heart of their community for over 40 years, this business has been the staple of quality customer service and pricing for decades. The existing owner has owned the business for about 30 years himself and has a general manager who has also been with the business for 14 years. The general manager plans to stay on board and help grow the company and build a larger presence in the booming Colorado ski communities. The remainder of the Org Chart remains solid and stable, featuring multiple assistant managers and seasonal employees. The total employee count as of now is ten.
The business margins have continued to grow over the last 3 years after a successful shift in their business model. During that shift, the owner increased targeted digital marketing to increase top line revenue while margins continued to grow year over year. The company does offer a mix of rental and retail with a heavy focus on rental service. Customer service, competitive pricing, friendly atmosphere, and attention to timeliness of rentals is what keep the business growing and google reviews increasing.
This gives Company X a huge opportunity to continue to grow market share in the current location, as well as, growing to new locations through a simplistic playbook.
(Full 2-year projections upon request)
The plan would be to operate Company X independently while developing the playbook for quick expansion into new locations and geographies.
Total Capital Raise: $1,600,000
Purchase Price: $1,350,000
Working Capital: $250,000
GP: 30% Equity (Zac McColley, Chris Becker, Jake Wakely)
LP: 70% Equity (Investor Pool)
- Individual investor equity % based on pro rata investment to total capital raised.
- 12% annual interest only on investment paid monthly.
- After 2 seasons we will look to refinance 100% of the investor’s initial contribution.
- Investor equity will reduce at that point based on the amount refinanced; to a maximum 25%.
- Ex: If 50% ($800,000) of initial investment is returned to investors at refi, equity split would flip to GP-50% and LP-50%.
- Ex: If 100% ($1,600,000) of initial investment is returned to investors at refi, equity split would flow to GP-75% and LP-25%
- Should we be unable to refinance out full portion, the remaining money left to be refinance will continue to earn 12% until it is returned to investors.
Well, another deal email in the books.
I might have a personal deal that I am raising debt for coming up soon.